Time & Location
Apr 30, 2023, 12:00 AM – May 06, 2023, 12:00 AM
Sheraton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando, FL, USA
About the Event
Here's all the places you can find the S'WET SQUAD at IAFTC 2023:
Sunday, April 30th (9:30am-5:30pm): S'WET™ Instructor Training with Jenni Lynn Patterson LaCour & Katy Coffey
- The S’WET™ Instructor Training is a full day of intensive education and practical learning designed to revamp and reinvigorate your aquatic fitness teaching skills! The 8-hour day includes interactive lectures, demonstrations, group exercises, and in-pool workouts that will arm you with the ability to incorporate the S’WET™ philosophy and formula for success into your current programming, as well as certify you to teach the in-demand branded workouts we offer at your facility
Monday, May 1st (4:15-4:45 pm): Hydrorevolution Experience with Katy Coffey
- Katy presents Hydrorevolution Experience Hydrorevolution AMCX (Demo). Increase your pool’s profits with a total body water workout line. Learn hands on ideas to attract clients of all ages and abilities. All the tools you need for total body functional fitness, enhanced health and wellbeing.
Tuesday, May 2nd (9:30-11:15 am) Dry Lecture: The Squeaky Wheel with Katy Coffey
- How do you build support for aquatic fitness at your pool without being considered a nuisance? With more than 20 years in aquatic management, in addition to the health & wellness industry, Katy has a unique understanding on how to speak with upper management about investing and supporting the aquatic fitness community. Become a stronger team player, learn how to build a formal request, and move past “Us vs. Them” to get better results.
Tuesday, May 2nd (4:00-5:45 pm) Aquatic Workshop: Deep Water Drills with Katy Coffey
- “Aquafy” land-based fitness drills using the properties of water. A collection of different blocks of drills and conditioning work using a variety of aquatic equipment to enhance the results. Each drill is built to target different FITT or HIIT principles and can be used as a stand-alone block of work or structured together for dynamic total body boot camp workout. Discuss buoyancy versus drag equipment, understand EPOC, and learn how to create descriptions to define the class purpose.
Wednesday, May 3rd (2:00-3:45 pm) Aquatic Workshop: Aqua Depth with Jenni Lynn Patterson Lacour
- Use base moves and intervals for a dual depth water class. Wall work, pyramids, Tabata, and more. This workout provides an intense challenge regardless of the depth where you are training. Learn to use base moves and multiple interval formats to design an easy-to-follow class structure with progressive options for advancing participants. Discuss effective deck instruction and cueing for multiple depth classes.
Thursday, May 4th (9:30-11:15 am) Aquatic Workshop: The Power of Ω with Katy Coffey
- Deeper understanding on a multi-purpose tool for all levels. AquaFIIT strength training technique features the Aqua Ω as its key training tool. Alternating between cardio, strength, upper and lower body, this one powerful tool is sure to give you a full body drag workout. Learn how to effectively design and implement an aquatic resistance-training program that maximizes results while remaining on budget. Featuring the @aquaohm
Thursday, May 4th (4:00-5:45 pm) Aquatic Workshop: Hydro Burn with Jenni Lynn Patterson LaCour
- Effectively use hand buoys bilaterally and unilaterally. Using the drag resistance of water in combination with the buoyancy of hand buoys, this routine will target each muscle group. Work bilaterally and unilaterally to help correct muscle imbalances and improve overall strength through these dynamic movement patterns. Better understand how to choose appropriate buoyancy equipment for your demographics and gain effective cueing skills to enhance your leadership.